Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Day 224 Bible Readings – 1 Corinthians 7: 17 (ESV)

Ecclesiastes 7-9, 1 Corinthians 7: 17-35, Psalm 119: 41-48

1 Corinthians 7: 17 (ESV)

“Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him. This is my rule in all the churches.”

Verse 17 from 1 Corinthians 7 is Paul’s advice to church in Corinth that no matter what your status is in life, God has assigned that life to you and you have a role in God’s plan. God is all powerful and will use each person who has faith in him to further his plans on earth. Bible commentaries written that Paul meant that a church goer does not have change their life to be useful to God. You can live that life that God has given you because all things come from God. Also implicit in this advice is to not compare yourself to others or think that other people have it better than you do. Each person has their own journey with God. They have their own lessons to learn no matter what their status is in the world. I think this is good advice because I know for myself that I sometimes see other people in church and envy their life. But I have also met people who look at me and when I’ve gotten to know them, told me they envy my life. We all think the other person has it better than we do. But everyone has lessons. What might be hard for me, will be easy for someone else. What will be easy for me, might be impossible for someone else. As a person with faith in God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, we only need to be concerned with how God views and judges us and not with anyone else.

No comments: