Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Day 218 Bible Readings – 1 Corinthians 2: 12-13 (ESV)

1 Chronicles 22 & 23, 1 Corinthians 2, Psalm 118: 17-29

1 Corinthians 2: 12-13 (ESV)

“Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.”

Verses 12 through 13 from 1 Corinthians 2 shows Paul letting the believers in the Church of Corinth know that believers in Christ have received the Holy Spirit who is from God. The Holy Spirit helps us to understand the word of God and things given us to freely by God. The Holy Spirit also helps us to interpret spiritual truths to other believers in Christ.

The pastor of my church gave a sermon last year and told us we need to rely on the Holy Spirit to help us in all things, since Christ gave us the Holy Spirit as a Helper. I’ve been to rely more on the Holy Spirit since that sermon, and I can testify that the Holy Spirit has helped me to understand my Bible readings more and how to apply Bible teachings to my life. The Holy Spirit has also helped me understand more fully how God works in my life, and what God is trying to teach me in the trials of my life. The Holy Spirit is there to help believers in Christ, so call upon this helper to help you in your spiritual journey and walk with Christ.

No comments: