Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, August 19, 2024

Day 230 Bible Readings – Psalm 119: 92-93 (ESV)

Song of Solomon 1-4, 1 Corinthians 12: 27-31, Psalm 119: 89-96

Psalm 119: 92-93 (ESV)

“If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction. I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have given me life.”

Verses 92 and 93 from Psalm 119 shows us that the Psalmist knew that without knowledge of the words in the Bible, people of faith would perish in their season of affliction. The Psalmist tells us that the words of God in the Bible has given him life, and he will never forget them. This is my hope for my yearly journey of reading the Bible in a year daily – that the word of God is always fresh in my mind no matter what kind of season it is for me. If it’s a good season, I can praise God in my reading of the Bible. If it’s a season of affliction, the Bible helps me to keep focused on God and remember his promises to his followers that have always bene fulfilled. And even on just blah days where nothing good or bad is going on in my life, reading the Bible helps me to deepen my relationship with God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.

No comments: