Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, August 29, 2024

Day 240 Bible Readings – 2 Corinthians 2: 10-11 (ESV)

2 Chronicles 31-32, 2 Corinthians 2: 1-11, Psalm 119: 169-176

2 Corinthians 2: 10-11 (ESV)

“Anyone whom you forgive, I also forgive. Indeed, what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for your sake in the presence of Christ, so that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs.”

Verses 10 and 11 from 2 Corinthians 2 shows Paul asking the Church of Corinth to forgive the member of the church who had sinned and who repented. Paul stresses that forgiveness is important because the man who sinned had repented, and it was now a time of healing in the church. Paul knew that if church members did not accept the man who sinned back into their fellowship, they would help Satan cause the man to despair. Satan has many strategies which Paul said was known to everyone. If we know Satan’s strategies, we must be careful not fall prey to them. Paul said we need to follow the example of Christ, and always be kind to people even if they have sinned. We must always be aware of how we are sinning so Satan cannot take advantage of us.

I know for myself it is easy to hold onto a person’s guilt and not forgive them. Withholding forgiveness not only hurt me, but it also sometimes hurt the other person if they wanted to be forgiven. I knew I was punishing them, but I was so angry at the time. When I was finally able to forgive the person and told them, they were so joyful and I felt a sense of peace. Forgiveness always brings peace to you and the other person, especially if they have repented. Forgiveness is the way of Christ, and as a follower of Christ we need always try to emulate his ways.

No comments: