Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, August 12, 2024

Day 223 Bible Readings – Ecclesiastes 5: 15 (ESV)

Ecclesiastes 4-6, 1 Corinthians 7: 1-16, Psalm 119: 33-40

Ecclesiastes 5: 15 (ESV)

“As he came from his mother's womb he shall go again, naked as he came, and shall take nothing for his toil that he may carry away in his hand.”

Verse 15 from Ecclesiastes 5 stood out to me in my readings. King Solomon was writing in this section about wealth. Verse 5 has been bandied about in so many ways, but I believe it basically means that we come into the world with nothing and when we die, we leave with nothing. Verse 5 makes you think about the striving one does for wealth in our lives. Not that there is nothing wrong with wealth because you need riches to live in this world. And having lots of money to buy things and live comfortably is most of the time better than not having money at all. But in my experience having no money or a ton of money doesn’t bring you peace or leave you free of worry. When I didn’t have any money, I was worried about not having enough of it. When I finally got to a point where I thought I was making enough money to live comfortably, I then became worried about having the right things like the right investment vehicles for my money. The worries and lack of peace never went with my increase in wealth. The only thing that has brought peace and has lessened the worry in my life is deepening my relationship with Christ by reading the Bible every day and listening to the guidance of the Holy Spirit in my life.

No comments: