Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, August 24, 2024

Day 235 Bible Readings – 2 Chronicles 20: 15 (ESV)

2 Chronicles 18: 28-34, 2 Chronicles 19-20, 1 Corinthians 15: 35-49, Psalm 119: 129-136

2 Chronicles 20: 15 (ESV)

“And he said, “Listen, all Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat: Thus says the Lord to you, ‘Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for the battle is not yours but God's.”

Verse 15 from 2 Chronicles is God’s answer to King Jehoshaphat when he prayed to God for help in the battle that was before him. The Lord told spoke through Jahaziel telling the king that they didn’t even need to fight, and they just needed to stand firm and hold their position. God kept his word and the king found that his enemies had fought against each other and killed themselves. I love how God kept his promise to the king. Before any battle we must always pray to God for guidance. I know for myself that I don’t pray to God first, but only as a last resort. But I have found over the years that this strategy doesn’t always work for the best. If I had prayed to God first, I might have had an easier time with some seasons of trouble I experienced.

I know my reasoning was always “God is too busy to deal with my little battle, and I can deal with it myself.” But I know I was wrong. God is never too busy to hear our prayers. If I had prayed to God first before any battle small or large, I would have heard God’s advice. Perhaps he might have said “You can handle it on your own”, or “I can help you” But I didn’t pray to God first. I just assumed what he would say. We can never assume to know God’s will for our life. We must always pray first, and when wait for his answer. Over the years I’ve found that if I prayed first to God, then everything always seemed to work out for the best. And when I didn’t pray to God first, my troubles seemed to last longer and weren’t as easily resolved. So now I pray first and wait for answer from God, which gives me more peace than I’ve ever had in the past.

No comments: