Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, August 05, 2024

Day 216 Bible Readings – 1 Chronicles 17: 7-8 (ESV)

1 Chronicles 16: 37-43, 1 Chronicles 17-18, 1 Corinthians 1: 1-17, Psalm 117

1 Chronicles 17: 7-8 (ESV)

“Now, therefore, thus shall you say to my servant David, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep, to be prince over my people Israel, and I have been with you wherever you have gone and have cut off all your enemies from before you. And I will make for you a name, like the name of the great ones of the earth.”

Verses 7 through 8 from 1 Chronicles 17 shows the Lord telling Nathan what to say to David. I love how God reminds David of his humble beginnings as a shepherd and how God has elevated David to leader of his people. God also reminds David that he has always been with him and is responsible for all his victories. God then tells David that he will make him a great name in the world. These words from the Lord to David tells me that God is completely aware of everything we are doing and what our life has been like. God also reminds David and us that he is always with us. God protects us from enemies and is with us in all our victories. God also reminds us that he has a plan for us. It might not to be like David’s life, but God has a plan for each of us that is part of his greater plan for all of humanity. We need to be reminded that God is always with us and have faith that our life is a part of God’s plan.

No comments: