Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, August 02, 2024

Day 212 Bible Readings for August 1 – Romans 14: 10-12 (ESV)

1 Chronicles 9 & 10, Romans 14: 1-18, Psalm 115: 1-11

Romans 14: 10-12 (ESV)

“Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess[b] to God.” So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.”

Verses 10 through 12 from Romans 14 gives us Paul’s advice on not judging others. Paul tells the church in Rome to not judge others because everyone will stand before God and be judged. As believers in Christ, it is not our job to judge other because that is God’s job. These verses have a special meaning for me because I feel like Holy Spirit has been convicting me these past weeks on how much I judge others. Holy Spirit has been showing me that everyone is a part of God’s plan and will be used by God to further his kingdom. I may never know the plan and how that person or group is part of God’s plan, but Holy Spirit has been instructing me that I need to have faith in God. I am always reminded of how God hardened Pharoah’s heart in the story of Exodus as part of his plan for his people to leave Egypt. By the end of the plagues, the Egyptians were telling the Hebrews to get out of their land. Their actions may not have come about had God not hardened the Pharoah’s heart. There are other stories in Bible how God took a person’s actions and used it for good as part of his plan for us.

No comments: