Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, September 02, 2003

The comments website is still down, which is a bummer.

It's been foggy in my neighbourhood all weekend, so I headed downtown just to see some sun.

I saw 28 Days Later, the movie by Danny Boyle of Trainspotting fame. I liked it, but it had nothing new to say in terms of survivalist type films. The Trigger Effect is the best survivalist movie in recent times, and that old Brit scifi series "Survivor" was good as well, showing all the different groups of people that will probably emerge if a disease wipes 99.9% of the planet out.

I loved the opening of how the disease gets spread though. It was an evocative political commentary.

On Saturday, I went to see an exhibit of "Italian Manuscript Painting of the Middle Ages and Renaissance." I love this stuff. I saw a ton of it England at the various museums I visited.

The colours are so vivid and I love all the little painting they artists put in letters and those amazing borders. If I had oodles and oodles of cash to burn, I would love to buy and have the stuff hanging in my house.

I have a friend who owns a couple of museum quality pieces of italian manuscript, and I am so totally jealous. To see them up close and unframed is just fantastic. The colours are so alive and beautiful.

On Sunday, I ran errands, worked out, even wrote for a bit, which was nice. I'm still recovering from my cold, and I've been feeling too tired in the evenings to write. My cold is over, but the cough is hanging for dear life.

If I don't leave the house and go somewhere and write, I don't write. It's just too tempting to watch TV, zone out, or putz around the place when I'm at home. I have to leave and go somewhere and make myself sit down and write.

I was invited to go see Shakespeare in the Park on Monday, but I just couldn't stomach sitting in the freezing fog and being sick for another week.

I went to see "Step into Liquid" the surf movie instead. What a great movie! If you love surfing, you have to see it. I'm definitely adding it to my surfing movie collection when it gets released on DVD. The surfing footage is just spectacular and beats anything on TV or that movie "Blue Crush".

I also finally watched the movie, "The Shipping News". Cate Blanchett was amazing, and overall the movie was good but not great. All the reviews say to read the book, so I might just end up doing that because I loved the story.

No comments: