Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, September 14, 2003

Decided to go to Macy's on Saturday to check out the new styles for fall.

Thing that I liked:

Suede - it's so in. I started seeing it last year, and now it's in the store all over the place. I saw the cutest brown suede belted jacket at Costco, but I wasn't sure when I would ever wear it. I would love to buy a suede skirt and suede boots. In fact, I must have suede boots. Not sure if boots really work here in San Francisco though. I was such a boot wearer in college, but when I moved here boots just didn't seem the thing to wear. I hate to buy shoes that I never wear, so I'm gong to have to really ponder buying suede boots.

Short denim skirts - my favorite outfit in college with tights and boots. They're back with a vengence, but when I tried one I felt like I was 20 years old again, because short denim skirts were my uniform at that age. Not sure I want to feel that young again. I like my age.

Long denim skirts - I tried a bunch on, but couldn't find one on sale that fit. I found one today at Ross' for $20, and it's very fitted on me. It looks like one of those skirts those "what not to wear" people say you would wear, so I thought what the hell. You can't beat that low price.

Short brown corduroy skirt - so adorable, but again wearing one makes me feel like I'm still in college. And then there's the boot thing.

I definitely want to start wearing more skirts. Some women at opera commented as I walked by, how it w as a shame that women don't wear more skirts. It's so true, but pants are just so comfortable.

Switching to skirts would be hard, because most of my shoes are for wearing with pants. When it's hot, I don't mind wearing skirts because they look great with sandals and I have them to wear.

When it's the normal 60 something degrees here, I'd have to wear shoes and either tights or panty hose. I have very formal work skirts, which look great with pantyhose, but they're too business like to wear to go shopping.

I saw lots of tights and Macy's, and picked up a pair of black ribbed DKNY tights. I was looking for cotton tights, but couldn't find any. Maybe cotton tights aren't in style anymore. Maybe it's an midwest/east coast thing, and they don't carry them out here.

Cotton tights are so great to wear. They breathe, and they don't make you feel clammy.

I saw some very cute BCBG skirts at Ross', but didn't buy them because I wasn't sure what I'd wear on my legs, and I'm still trying to pay off my trip to Hawaii.

I think they'd look cute with tights, now that I think about it. I'll have all my debts that I've incurred since May paid off next month. If they're still there next month, I'll try them on. They're summer skirts, but with tights I could get away wearing them all the time out here.

No comments: