Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, September 18, 2003

I went to the library last night to do a writing session, and oh my god, it was so hard. I don't why I just can't sit down and write. I think I'm a little down because I'm not sleeping well, and when I don't sleep well my whole world feels off.

It's not like I even sleep that much either, but I need my 6.5 hours of sleep to feel good and I'm not getting it. Not sure what's wrong other than I'm having disturbing dreams.

I didn't think I dreamed very much, but I've been dreaming 2-3 dreams a night. They're all very disturbing, and I wake up in a sweat. I go right back to sleep, but it's the waking up that's disturbing my sleep.

I usually sleep like the dead, and have slept through parties, roommates, etc. But not these last two weeks.

Since I couldn't write, I decided to work on my structure for the novel, "Following in the Dark". I was able to do that, and I now have 27 tentative title chapters. OY! That's a lot huh?

I didn't even think of having chapter titles, but I'm reading "Cold Mountain" by Charles Frazier and he gave each chapter a title. I thought it was so cool, that I decided to do the same thing for my novel.

These are just tentative chapters divisions and titles. 27 chapters might be too many, and I think I could even whittle down the chapters to 15 or even 13 by just combining what I already have. But I'll decide that later. This is just a first pass at dividing the story into chatpers.

I'll post them separately.

No comments: