Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, September 10, 2003

I went back on my eating plan starting August 18 to try and lose the weight I gained on vacation and from all the stress I've been going through. I only gained about 10 pounds, but all my clothes are tight again and it was seriously bumming me out.

In April I was contemplating the purchase of a pair of size 6 Ralph Lauren low rise jeans because my size 8's were too loose, and I was so excited. I haven't worn that size since college.

Now, my size 8 jeans are so tight that they're uncomfortable. I hate that! It's so depressing, what 10 extra pounds can do to the size of your body.

I've been keeping track of my measurements, and since April of this year, I've gained 9.5 inches back. Dang! That's like an inch for every pound I've gained back. How scary is that!

Today I stepped on the scale and I've lost 5.5 of those pounds. YAY me!!! My pants feel so much looser than they did last week, and it makes me so happy. It's amazing what a difference 5+ pounds make.

I'm going to stick to my eating plan this time and not slack off, and try to get to 135 pounds, which was my original goal weight. This means I have to lose 20 or so pounds.

It's been about a year since I started my second weight loss journey, and I lost 28 pounds in April and then gained 10 pounds back. Bummer! I definitely need to get back on track.

I actually started trying to lose weight in May 2001, and managed to lose 20 pounds, but then gained 10 pounds back.

I've been tracking my measuremnts since May 2001, and as of today, I've lost 33 inches. That's almost 3 feet of me gone.

The only rewarding thing about the weight loss journey is I haven't gained all the weight back. I gained some of it back, but then I got back on track again and took more off and then gained some back.

But at least since May 2001, I've managed to take off 30 pounds and keep it off, so I'm ecstatic about that. I can maintain, and not feel like I've been on a diet for 2 years and 3 months, which is what I've been doing.

I just need to go one more round, and I think I'll finally achieve goal weight. It's been one snail slow process, but at least it's been working.

No comments: