Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, September 06, 2003

It feels very weird to me right now, that I flew to LA this morning and now tonight I'm back home in San Francisco. I know I got on a plane and left the area, but it went by so fast that it doesn't even feel like I was away.

But then again, I used to fly to NYC for the weekend from San Francisco three or four times a year, leaving Friday night and coming back Sunday, so maybe I have to leave the state to feel like I'm really away.

I'm exhausted. The Los Angeles County Museum of Art was great! I definitely need to back and see their regular art exhibits. I was so burnt out from so much visual stimulation that after about four hours I couldn't take it anymore.

I looked at stuff, but didn't stop to study them, didn't marvel and at the end didn't really care. LACMA has some great exhibits too and it's huge. There were parts of the museum that I didn't even get to because I was so tired.

All in all a very worthwhile trip, except for their transit system although I learned alot from my mistakes. Their Metro, BART like system is great. Their bus system is confusing and worse than the NYC bus system. No wonder people don't take the bus in LA.

I definitely want to fly back down there perhaps in December, and see the rest of the museum that I missed. I was so tired I didn't even want to go into their museum store. Now that's tired.

No comments: