Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

I went to my favourite fruit and veggie market on my lunch hour to pick up a few items, and I was shopping to the Grinch song from Dr. Seus' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".

Sometimes I think I'm just a cranky SF food freak, because it irritates me that my fave fruit & veggie store doesn't carry Acme Bread which is the only type of fresh bread I like to buy.

On the way home I was thinking that if I ever become become obscenely rich, I will donate the majority of my money to food banks and services like Meals on Wheels, which deliver meals to the sick and elderly.

There is nothing more basic to human survival than food and eating, and it's utterly disgraceful that they are people who live in this city who for whatever reason can't feed themselves.

What is up with that?

No comments: