Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

I've never seen a Michael Moore movie. Oh well.

From my totally favourite Brit intellectual, would love to have dinner with him every night, Mr. Christopher Hitchens, Unfairenheit 9/11, The lies of Michael Moore.

Since I'm an avid fan of conspiracy theory late night radio and have been listening to it since 1996, I've already heard every 9/11 conspiracy theory there is. I don't need Michael Moore to regurgitate to me when I've already heard countless interviews and seen presentations by all the so-called experts.

Like take the movie, "The Day After Tomorrow". I've been hearing about that book and listening to the doomsayers on global warming years before the folks at moveon.org decided it would be their cause du jour.

I'm even looking forward to the next movie that Hollywood is ripping from conspiracy radio which is all about the theories of Jesus, Mary and the Holy Grail.

What's ironic is the arrogance of Michael Moore thinking he's saying something new. He's like so not. If the audience share of conspiracy late night radio is any indication (8 to 10 million weekly listeners), then there's a ton of us around the country who have heard it all before and in greater detail than anything Michael Moore is going to dramatize in his movie.

And any good conspiracy theorists worth their salt never preaches the way Michael Moore proselytizes and rams his opinions down your throat, or so I've been told about Mr. Moore. A good conspiracy theorist always says "the facts are out there, do your own research, here's what I've read and here are the links to the websites that I've looked at, you decide if I'm right or wrong, you're an intelligent person, you pay bills, you raise a family and hold down a job, I'm just here to point you in the right direction."

Most conspiracy theorists read a lot; they are uber information geeks. Most subscribe to the theory of first source documentation especially if they're government conspiracy theorists, and they will give you a very, very, long list of congressional and senate testimony sources for your bedtime reading pleasure.

No comments: