Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, June 19, 2004

I was reading through my blog and saw that I forgot to mention that I had seen Kill Bill Vol. 2. Of course I totally loved it and had to choke back tears when I saw Uma Thurman watching the kung fu movie with her daughter. I used to watch kung fu movies with my grandma when I was young.

I'd love to see the Kill Bills back to back. I wonder if that's been done already and I just missed it. I know they showed The Lord of the Rings movies back to back. That would have been fun to do if I had the time.

I loved the chinese shaolin master with the fluffy white beard. He was quite the character. I will say I was shocked to find out how the story turned out. I didn't see that one coming. The violence wasn't as fun, excessive, and out there in Vol. 2 as it was Vol. 1, but there was enough of it so I can't really complain.

What I love the most about Quentin Tarantino is he is so true to the genre of Hong Kong kung fu and japanse samurai movie. Take the music. All Hong Kong kung fu movie have annoying as all hell soundtracks. And Tarantino did not disappoint because sure enough, bad music came on during the movie. The bad music was so reassuring familiar to me and I had to laugh because he got the same reaction out of me that a real Hong Kong kung fu movie would. "Turn that bad muzak off!"

No comments: