Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

My aunties are such a trip. On Saturday, I took them to the City and made them ride BART. They kept asking me, "are we underneath the Bay yet?"

One of my aunties is this very snobby, hoity toity types, and she insisted we go to Neiman Marcus so she could buy me some clothes. Of course she knows I never shop there but she was trying to impress me and her other sisters or something.

I ended up buying two t-shirts in colours I didn't even want for $85 a piece. I really needed more white t-shirts to wear to work, but they were out of them and I didn't want to try on anything else. At the checkout, I grabbed another t-shirt, which was $45, and made my aunt buy me $250 worth of t-shirts. What a trip!

I really wanted her to buy me some jewelry or a new bag for work or a jean jacket, but I thought t-shirts would be less expensive. And I really needed white t-shirts but they were all sold out at Neiman Marcus and at Macys.

I complained to my other auntie that what I really wanted was a jean jacket, but that I didn't think Neiman Marcus carried any. We were shopping in the City again on Sunday, and the auntie that I was complaining to made me go into the Gap to buy a jean jacket. I didn't really want one, but I thought what the hell, I'll let buy it because I knew if I didn't she'd be mad at me till she flew home.

No comments: