Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

I have bad work karma. We have an intern starting next Tuesday, and I just knew she was going to get a new laptop. When I asked my bosses for a new laptop, they moaned and complained about not having enough money. Was that a lie or what?

I was so pissed I left at 5:15 pm. Screw working late if I can't even get decent equipment. I'm like whatever.

And that was just the capper on a bad day. I was sleepy this morning, so I had my eyes closed when I felt something touching the left side of my breast. Some jerk was touching my breast with his finger. What a creep!

I yelled at him and asked him what the heck he was doing with his finger, and jerkoff just looked at me stone faced. I was so upset I got up and move to the other side of the train. I was so agitated I ended up telling the two women next to me that the psycho across the way was feeling me up. They sympathized with me, but then said they see it all the time and that the train was full of sick people.

I looked up some some guy and he was just grinning, like he was just enjoying watching me get molested like that. What a freak! I should have just punched the guy out, but it was too early in the morning. God, that made me so mad I could feel my blood pressure rising! If I ever see that psycho on the train again, I'm going to punch him out.

I've never been felt up on the train before. I should never have closed my eyes like that. That was dumb!

Then I had my weekly meeting with my boss, and she asked if I could help out with a project that I knew the rest of the group was working on. I've been hearing them talk about it for awhile, and my boss said they needed help. There were three people working on the project.

So I get an email from one of the guys at 10 am, and he asks me to research two competitors for the competitive analysis that they were doing. But then when I looked at what they had done, I saw that between three people they had only managed to do four companies. I couldn't believe they were asking me to do two companies by myself. I was so mad! I'm like, what they heck where these people doing for the two weeks they've been working on the project.

So I emailed everyone back and said I only had time to do one, but then my boss emailed back and asked me to do one today and one tomorrow. I'm like whatever.

Then the guy who was supposedly running the project comes over to my desk and start explaining the project to me like I was really stupid. He didn't know that I had already starting working on it, and when I showed him what I had started he stopped talking.

At 3 pm, I finished the one company that I said I would do, and I could hear them saying how quick I was. I felt like screaming over the cubicle that I got it done so quickly because I work hard, and don't complain and moan all day like they've been doing for two weeks.

I couldn't believe those people had two weeks to do this project, and it still wasn't done. I would have finished it in one week by myself. Maybe I haven't seen all the work they did, but what the guy sent me didn't look it would take more than four days to complete.

Those three people don't even stay late either. They clock in and clock out on the dot, and then copmlain about how much work they have to do. I take that back. One guy stays late alot, and so does one woman occassionally, but the other guy jets out of there at 5 pm.

I think my boss had me do it because those four people were just dragging their feet on the project. I don't know. I'm pissed my boss made me work on the second company, but she knows I have the time.

I should stop complaining myself because I know I get paid double what the three people make, but still! That doesn't excuse bad work habits. I probably make triple what the damned intern makes and she's getting a new laptop. I hate that. I just totally hate that!

No comments: