Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, June 10, 2024

Day 159 Bible Readings – Acts 5: 5 (ESV)

 These are the Bible readings for June 9.

2 Samuel 13 Acts 4: 23-37, Act 5: 1-11

Acts 5: 5 (ESV)

“When Ananias heard these words, he fell down and breathed his last. And great fear came upon all who heard of it.”

Verse 5 from Acts 5 shows what happens when we lie to God about our behavior. Ananias said they would give all their money to the church, but they lied and kept a portion back for themselves because they wanted the benefits that come with extreme generosity. When Ananias was called out by Peter, he died. He died for the sin of lying. Whether it was supernatural or shock when Peter called him out doesn’t matter. He died and God didn’t save him. This was Ananias’ judgement day played out before the disciples and their followers.

Some of the Bible commentaries I read have noted that in past revivals, a type of Judgement Day happened. God passed judgement on pastors and those who believed in him. I believe a great revival is coming soon, and many Christians, pastors, and churches will be judged by God for their behavior and obedience to God’s words. I think as long as one is trying to do their very best to follow God’s laws, God will have mercy because God knows the hearts of his true believers. Do I fear a judgement day if revival comes? No not for myself, but I do fear for those who profess loudly to follow God’s words and have sinned like Ananias. 


No comments: