Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Saturday, June 22, 2024

Day 171 Bible Readings for June 21 – Psalm 91: 14-16 (ESV)

1 Kings 7: 23-51, 1 Kings 8: 1-21, Acts 13: 43-52, Psalm 91: 9-16

Psalm 91: 14-16 (ESV)

“Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”

Verses 14 through 16 from Psalm 91 are written from the point of view of God. God talks about the promises and blessings to those who love and obey him by choice. God will deliver us and protect us because we know his name. He will answer us when we call him. He will be with us in trouble. He will rescue and honor us. He will give us a long and blessed life full of prosperity.

I love these verses because it is rare to see something written in the Bible from God’s point of view. These verses remind me of Jesus saying that God and he are the shepherds, and we are his flock. The shepherd cares for his flocks and will rejoice when even one lost sheep is found. I often feel like I am that lost sheep. God always finds me even when I don’t want him to because I’ve run away to experience freedom. He lets me experience freedom and he always welcomes me back when I’ve had enough or rescues him when I get myself into trouble. God loves everyone, even a black sheep like me.

No comments: