Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Here's a Valentine's Day fun thing to think about: Favorite romantic scenes from a movie.

Off the top of my head, no particular order.
1. "Ever After", the part when the prince asks Cinderella to marry him, and puts the beautiful shoe on her dirty stockinged foot.
2. "Persuasion"(1995 version with Amanda Root and Ciaran Hinds), the reading of the letter from Captain Wentworth, and then he and Anne meeting outside the house in Bath and kissing.
3. "It Could Happen to You", the part where Nicolas Cage and Bridget Fonda are planning to move to upstate New York.
4. "Pride and Prejudice" (A&E version), the part where Mr. Darcy tells Elizabeth he still loves her.
5. "Bridget Jones' Diary", the end where Mark Darcy kisses Bridget.
6. "A Room with a View", the ending where Lucy and George Emerson are kissing.
7. "Top Gun", the end where Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis are kissing.

I own all these movies except for Bridget Jones Diary. I'm not sure whether Sense and Sensibility had any romantic scenes, or if they did, there aren't any scenes that are sticking in my head. Same thing with Emma, although I thought about including the scene with Emma and Mr. Knightley where he tells her he loves her.

No comments: