Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, February 16, 2003

The rest of Saturday I spent trying on jeans. I got so tired of my baggy jeans, that I made myself go shopping. I tried on Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and Jones New York jeans. The size 8 for all brands fit, even the slim Tommy Hilfiger jeans. I ended up buying a pair of Ralph Lauren and a pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans.

I probably could have squeezed myself into a pair of size 6 jeans, but I've been wearing loose fitting jeans for so long that I started liking my jeans to fit loose and not tight. I never thought jeans fit right unless you had to lie down to put them on, but I must be getting old because now I like my jeans well fitting but not so skintight they leave marks in your legs.

God, I remember two years ago trying to buy a pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans and not even being able to squeeze my body into a size 16, which is largest size they sell. I mean, I could get them on but they were so darned tight. Now I'm the proud owner of a pair of size 8 jeans that are fit, but aren't tight. I mean it's not like my life has radically changed or anything with me buying a smaller pair of jeans, but I am totally tripping on my jeans shopping adventure.

Of course, now I'm like thinking about trying to get into a pair of size 6 jeans since I haven't even gotten to my goal weight yet. But I know that's not good. I should enjoy the pleasure of buying a pair of size 8 jeans, something which I haven't done since college. And now that I did spend some money on my size 8 jeans, I'm kind of hoping to stay a size 8 for awhile just to make the jeans investment worthwhile.

No comments: