Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, February 02, 2003

There was a swarm of earthquakes in the San Francisco Bay area this morning. I felt two of them. You always know it's a quake, because if you're sitting you feel your butt move first.

I felt the first one at 8:22 am, while I was reading the Sunday paper. It was small, but unmistakable. I waited thinking I'd feel another one, but nothing happened. Then at 10:22 am, when I was getting dressed for church, the building shook again and it felt like something had hit the place. It was small sharp jolt, and again I waited for the aftershocks to follow but nothing happened.

The earthquake at 8:22 am had a magnitude of 3.6. The earthquake at 10:22 am had a magnitude of 4.2 There was other quakes all morning, but those are the only two I felt. I hate earthquakes, but they're a fact of life here, and I don't know if I'll ever get used to them.

No comments: