Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, February 03, 2003

I just finished watching "Brush with Fate", a surprisingly not so schmaltzy Hallmark Hall of Fame movie. I missed the opening credits, but I believe the movie was based on the book, " Girl in Hyacinth Blue" by Susan Vreeland. Brush reminded me so much of the movie, "The Red Violin", a hauntingly strange, eerie and beautiful movie.

Glenn Close was great. She has become such a great character actor. Her character reminded me so much of an ex-school teacher at church, that it was as if Close had personally studied the mannerisms and looks of this woman I know. And the surprise ending was fantastic, and ultimately sad. Like I said, not your usual Hallmark sugar coated ending, but something far more disturbing and unsettling. I definitely will have to read the book now; I love good historical fiction.

No comments: