Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, February 13, 2003

I picked up a bottle of Bollinger champagne to take to the Valentine's Day party I'm attending tomorrow. Bolly's, how ABFAB! I normally buy Veuve Clicquot, a brand I've been drinking since 1991, but I was so curious about Bolly's.

While at Booze R Us (Beverages and More - it's like a toy store for adults), I also checked out the price of Cristal champagne which I keep hearing mentioned in the lyrics of popular songs. Wow, it's really expensive! On sale, Cristal will set you back $150, normally it's $200. I've had Dom Perignon; it's a very smooth bubbly which costs about $90. No Cristal for me this year, or any year unless my finances take a 1000% jump or someone else buys it.

I'm not a big straight champagne drinker. I rather drink champagne mixed drinks like mimosas or poinsettias (cranberry juice and champagne), or champagne cocktails even. The only liquors I really like straight are ice cold russian vodka, single malt scotch whiskeys, sherry, madeira, port, and good Kentucky bourbons.

No comments: