Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, March 19, 2003

I don't know what's freaking me out more, the upcoming war on Iraq or:

1) the superflu bug that seems to be spreading around the globe. "The Stand" by Stephen King is one of my favorite books, and you bet I thought of the "Captain Tripps" virus when I read this headline;
2) the thought of retaliatory terrorists strikes by Al-Queda or Iraqi sleeper cells in the US;
3) Saddam Hussein launching chemical/biological weapons on US troops;
4) Saddam Hussein launching nuclear weapons against US troops;
5) Saddam Hussein attacking Israel;
6) Saddam Hussein launching chem/bio/nuclear weapons against US interests outside of Iraq;
7) Saddam Huseein launching chem/bio/nuclear weapons at the US;
8) the crazy North Koreans launching a pre-emptive strike against the US, while we're at war with Iraq;
9) watching the body bags of our troops come home on TV;
10) CNN showing all the civilian casualties in Iraq;
11) a repeat of what happened to the Japanese during WW2, but this time happening to anyone from Iraq or or arabic descent.
12) hate crimes against people of middle eastern descent.

I can go on and on, but I'm freaking myself out even more just to list my fears.

It's a crazy, crazy world and it's not going to get any better soon.

No comments: