Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Now that I've lost enough weight to be able to fit into most of my skirts, I went to the mall last night to buy some pantyhose. Pantyhose is so expensive! Since I haven't worn a short skirt and hose in ages, I forgot how much the stuff costs. A pair of DKNY Ultra Sheer hose, the best hose for dressy short black outfits, costs $17.

I spent five minutes contemplating whether I really needed to spend $17 on a pair of pantyhose, but I rationalized the expense and told myself DKNY is the best and lasts a long time. I can't believe I used to have to wear pantyhose every day, and had to buy the stuff constantly.

I needed to buy four more pairs, but settled on only the brands that were on sale like Nine West or Calvin Klein. Even on sale the hose still cost about $5-6 per pair, but at least they were cheaper than the $17 DKNY pair.

Strangely enough, there were sale signs in every window of almost every store. It makes me think that retailers aren't doing that well, and are desperate to lure shoppers by having sales. I don't remember March being a big sales month. Desperate mall retailers is not a good sign.

No comments: