Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, March 19, 2003

I had just gotten into my car to drive to bible study class, when I turned on the radio and heard the end of Bush's speech saying that the war had started. It was so shocking. The news reports were saying that the war wouldn't start till tomorrow.

I thought about not going to class and staying hope to watch the war unfold on CNN, but I decided that I needed to act normally and go to class. When I got to church my pastor was visibly freaked out, and was thinking about cancelling class. Almost everyone showed up, so he changed his mind and we had class.

It was weird being in bible class, knowing that a war was going on, but it was also such a great distraction for my worried mind. Our bible discussions are so intense and lively, that I forgot for a couple of hours that my country was at war. A war that I cautiously support, although a big part of me knows that war is just plain wrong.

I pray for the US troops fighting this war, and hope against hope that they come safe and alive.

No comments: