Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Sorry, I'm just not all that chatty this week. I think all this talk of war is putting me into a bad mood. I support the president and our troops, but I'm starting to become frightened of all this talk of retaliation from Al-Queda and Iraq. I know most of it is talk and rhetoric, but still it's frightening.

And all these darn protests here, I don't know. Wouldn't it make more sense to protest in a city where people are more supportive of the war? Like how about NYC or DC or Dallas or Atlanta? It's a mystery. I just hope people support our troops, and don't treat them as badly as they did the Vietnam war vets.

Last night I went through my closet and threw out five shopping bags of clothing, and the whole process was so upsetting. I think I threw out $2,000 worth of clothes, and it freaks me out. It makes me feel like I've been misallocating my financial resources. I know that some of the clothes are being thrown out because I lost weight and the clothes don't fit anymore, but it still freaks me out. I feel like such a wasteful clotheshorse. I threw out 9 pairs of pants.

Some of the clothes I'm getting rid of are not my style anymore either. I threw out two pairs of wool shorts, that I used to wear in the winter time to work with a blazer and heels. I tried them on last night, and I felt so old fashioned. Do people still wear outfits like this? I know I wouldn't be caught dead in them anymore.

Some of the clothes being thrown out were just old and I was holding on to them for sentimental reasons. There were a couple of outfits I bought while on vacation, that I haven't worn since those vacations. You know, funky tropical clothes that look great on while you're on vacation, but look so touristy at home. I threw out belts, hats, and old scarves. I have belts that are now too big for me. What a trip!

I think I need to be more careful about my clothing purchases. I threw out clothes and a pair of shoes that I've never worn. I think I bought them on sale, but then never ever had an opportunity to wear them. It's so wasteful! I'm so wasteful!

And yes, can you tell I'm bummed about what I threw out last night? The only two good things that came out of this whole process is 1) I have more space in my closet and 2) charitable tax deductions.

No comments: