Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, March 12, 2003

I was so industrious tonight. I altered a pair of Calvin Klein shorts to fit my now smaller body. I was going to take them to my dry cleaners for alteration, but I decided to try it myself. It took me about 3 hours, but it's done and it doesn't look that bad. I'm so pleased with myself. All those years of sewing classes my mother sent me too may have come in handy after all.

I have two more pairs of CK shorts to alter, and I'll probably finish them up this weekend. It's not that I can't afford to buy new shorts, it's just that these shorts are only two - three years old and they don't make shorts in this style anymore. I'm only altering clothes that I totally love and cannot replace.

I'm definitely getting a pair of pants and my capris altered as well. If the person does a good job, I'll let her tackle my wool and linen pants.

A friend who lost 50 pounds threw out all her old fattie clothes, and is slowly rebuilding her wardrobe.
I'm throwing out many of my formerly fat clothes but not all. Clothes older than two years old are thrown out, unless it's "love" item. Clothes costing more than $70 are kept only if they can be altered. Clothes with broken anything or impossible to remove stains are also tossed. Clothes that

Mostly it's my pants and shorts that are grossly oversized now, but not my tops. I did notice my favorite gray silk shirt was hanging on me over the weekend, but it wasn't that bad. The only tops I'm getting rid are the extra large sweaters, and some of the tops. I'm consistently fitting into a medium size top now, so my larges are starting look less then spectacular. Stil, they're not too bad and I can probably keep wearing them until I throw them out.

No comments: