Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, March 23, 2003

I'm watching the Oscars, although it seems so trivial because there's a war going on. I watch it more out of habit and history. Heck. When I was in London on vacation, my friend and I stayed up to watch the Oscars in our hotel room.

But does it really matter? What's so scary is how fascinating it is watch the live broadcasts of war battles because of the recent reality TV shows. However, this is real reality TV. Are we becoming like the ancient Romans? They watched those gladiator fights, but we're watching war live on CNN.

I try to only watch CNN by the way, only because while I was in Bali during Gulf War 1, it was the only show news program covering the war. I think it's what most of the world watches. Sadam Hussein is said to be an avid CNN watcher as well.

No comments: