Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, March 25, 2003

This war on Iraq seems to be as much a war of words and propaganda as it is a war of military campaigns. The real time coverage of the war and the fractured reported is so weird. I'm not sure you can get a good picture of what's really going on with the war. All I can deduce from watching coverage is every reporter has a point of view and agenda, and that no one is objective.

I thought news was supposed to objective, but watching the war coverage by the american and foreign media it is obviously not. Even the BBC, which is supposedly famous for being the most objective media organization in the world, has an obvious anti-american bias.

And what's worse, the war coverage brings out the worse in the news reporting. The coverage has been on the bad news, the newsworthy stories, the sensationalist aspects of the war.

The truth of the war is out there somewhere, but it's definitely not coming from either the american or the foreign media. I am an intense lover of spin, but the spin on the war is just a bit too much for me.

I think this 24/7 war coverage will really make people take a second look at objective news coverage, and what that means or doesn't mean. My trust in both the american and foreign media diminishes daily.

No comments: