Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Wednesday, March 26, 2003

I'm starting to hate the war coverage. I'm already bored by all the armchair quarterbacking going on by the military pundits and the media. It's worse than after a football or baseball game, and this is war people and not a sporting event.

People want instant results. It's a war for heaven's sake. The media sounds like a whining spoiled child: show me this, show me that, otherwise I'll hold my breath. The level of conversation about the war is like being back in junior high, or maybe it's the terrible two's. It's pathetic!

I heard one pundit say that the media totally misjudged Gulf War 1, and said it would take long and it didn't. The media definitely misjudged the war in Afghanistan, and said again it would take a long time and it didn't.

My best guess is the war last six weeks. I heard this prediction on the radio by a credible source, and I believe it. That freak Paul Harvey said something interesting today. He said there was a whole american batallion in Kuwait who aren't even engaged in the war yet, and they're just waiting around. Paul Harvey asked why. I'm wondering why too.

I heard Thomas Friedman of the NY Times being interviewed on the radio today, and he was asked about what he thought about the current american war strategy. Mr. Friedman as always answered the question in the most intelligent way. Friedman said he wasn't surprised, "Iraq has always been a black box militarily so we didn't know what to expect". DUH! I mean, isn't that why we had UN inspectors in Iraq in the first place, because we didn't know what kind of weapons they had.

This is why I respect Mr. Friedman. He doesn't jump to conclusions and he thinks about issues logically and analytically. He's a breath of fresh air from all the military pundits and journalists, who talk and tallk and don't seem to think about what all they're spouting about.

No comments: