Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, March 17, 2003

Busy weekend it seems. Too busy and tired to blog anyway.

I went to my health practitioner in Berkeley, and I told him about my allergies and half colds I was getting. He said my immune system just needed tuning up, so he did that. He told me the reasons I didn't get full colds was because my constitution was so strong. I laughed and told him, I don't feel that way. Then he did some other things.

Listening to the news as I write this, and the radio news announcer just announced that Robin Cook, who I believe is the British Foreign Secretary has just resigned in protest over Tony Blair's position on the war in Iraq. Poor Tony Blair. I read an article over the weekend, which said that Tony Blair sincerely believes in what he's doing, and that he is willing to risk his career for his beliefs. I rather like him, and I feel bad for him. The article said that Tony Blair did an about-face in standing with the US instead of the EU. Tony Blair will sadly be probably booted out of office, but I don't think there's anyone strong enough to succeed him.

The world is getting crazier. Don't you feel it? I was in Bali on vacation when the first gulf war started, and didn't come home till the end of January. It was weird being out of the country at the time, but probably good too. The war seemed surreal and far away, like it wasn't really happening, even though most of the hotel guests sat glued to watching the war on CNN enfold.

I turn the TV on every morning as soon as I get up. I know soon one morning, I'm going to turn on the TV and the war will have begun. I do not look forward to that morning.

No comments: