Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, July 19, 2026

Day 194 Bible Readings for July 15 - Job 33:26-28 (NLT)

Job 32-34, Psalm 39

Job 33:26-28 (NLT)

“When he prays to God, he will be accepted. And God will receive him with joy and restore him to good standing. He will declare to his friends, ‘I sinned and twisted the truth, but it was not worth it. God rescued me from the grave, and now my life is filled with light.’”

In Job 33:26–28, Elihu tells Job and his friends that when a person prays to the Lord, they will find favor and a restored relationship with Him. Father-God will receive the person who prays with joy and restoration. The person who prayed will then be able to tell others that they sinned and repented. The Lord will rescue the person who prays, and they will experience renewed fellowship with Father-God.

One Bible commentary I read noted that while Elihu's description of prayer could not rightly be applied to Job and his situation, it foreshadows the work of Jesus Christ. Through His death and resurrection, Christ restored believers to the Lord.

Elihu tells us that the Lord does not desire our destruction. Father-God desires repentance, restoration, and reconciliation with those who believe in Him. If a person admits their wrongdoing and genuinely repents, the Lord will have mercy on them. When a believer experiences the Lord's redemption, they receive His favor and guidance once again.

I love that even in one of the earliest stories in the Old Testament, there is a foreshadowing of Jesus Christ. I am reminded again that Father-God is sovereign and has a plan for each of us that began long before we were born.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who is sovereign and has a plan for every person—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: