Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, July 27, 2026

Day 206 Bible Readings - Esther 4:15-16 (NLT)

Esther 1-5, Psalm 51

Esther 4:15-16 (NLT)

“Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: ‘Go and gather together all the Jews of Susa and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will do the same. And then, though it is against the law, I will go in to see the king. If I must die, I must die.’”

In Esther 4:15–16, Esther answered Mordecai's plea for help by telling him to have the Jewish people fast for her for three days and nights. Then Esther said that she and her maids would do the same. After the fast, Esther promised she would go before the king, even though she had not been summoned. She declared that if she perished, she perished.

Esther trusted the Lord enough to fast and to ask the people to fast for her, since fasting is often associated with seeking Father-God's guidance, favor, or intervention. She also trusted the Lord enough to approach the king without being summoned, even though doing so could cost her life. Esther was willing to risk everything to save her people.

These verses remind me that I need to trust in the Lord when facing difficult situations. I also need to seek Father-God through prayer and, at times, fasting as I ask for His guidance and intervention. Esther's story also shows that asking others to pray for me is another way to seek the Lord during difficult times. Finally, Esther's courage to approach the king without being summoned and her willingness to die for her people show me that she submitted herself to the Lord's will and trusted Him with the outcome, no matter what happened.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who is faithful and worth of out trust, whatever the outcome will be—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: