Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, July 31, 2026

Day 209 Bible Readings for July 30 - Daniel 5:22-23 (NLT)

Daniel 4-6, Psalm 54

Daniel 5:22-23 (NLT)

“You are his successor, Belshazzar, and you knew all this, yet you have not humbled yourself. For you have proudly defied the Lord of heaven and have had these cups from his Temple brought before you. You and your nobles and your wives and concubines have been drinking wine from them while praising gods of silver, gold, bronze, iron, wood, and stone—gods that neither see nor hear nor know anything at all. But you have not honored the God who gives you the breath of life and controls your destiny!”

In Daniel 5:22–23, Daniel responded to King Belshazzar by explaining the meaning of the writing on the wall. Daniel said that even though Belshazzar knew what had happened to his father, King Nebuchadnezzar, he did not learn from it. Instead, Belshazzar proudly dishonored the Lord by using the cups from the temple in Jerusalem to drink wine while praising false gods. The king failed to honor the Lord, who is sovereign and had humbled his father, Nebuchadnezzar.

One Bible commentary I read noted that Belshazzar's story is an example of how pride can lead to a person's downfall. The new king was given an opportunity to learn from his father's mistakes, but he chose not to pay attention or learn from them. Daniel also told Belshazzar that he failed to glorify the Lord, who is sovereign over all things. The new king acted as though he was not subject to the Lord's power and sovereignty as his father had been, and he paid the price for it.

These verses remind me of the consequences of pride and of thinking that the Lord does not see what I do or what is in my heart. Daniel also taught me that I need to honor and glorify Father-God because He created me and is sovereign over me and over all the world. I need to examine my actions and thoughts to make sure I am not acting in pride and that I am continually following the guidance of the Holy Spirit in my life.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who created the world and all creation—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: