Ecclesiastes 9-12, Psalm 44
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 (NLT)
“That’s the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone’s duty. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad.”
In Ecclesiastes 12:13–14, the Teacher concludes that all people should live their lives as though they are preparing for the Lord's judgment. He tells us to recognize Father-God's majesty and authority in our lives. One Bible commentary I read noted that keeping the Lord's commandments is a practical expression of our love and reverence for Him. The Lord will evaluate and judge every action, whether public or private.
The Teacher searched for the meaning of life through various pursuits, endeavors, and philosophies, ultimately concluding that everything is meaningless apart from a relationship with the Lord. A person finds true purpose by living according to the way Father-God designed them. Because the Lord will judge every aspect of our lives, both hidden and public, the Teacher reminds us to always seek to please Father-God rather than pursue the temporary gains of this world.
When I read these verses, I realize I went through a similar process as the Teacher when I looked back on my own life and came to the same conclusion. At this point in my faith journey, I want to use the gifts the Lord gave me at birth and trust Him with the outcome. I once lived according to my own desires without recognizing Father-God's authority over my life. Now I want my life's purpose to align with His design for me, and I look forward to seeing where He leads me. So far, it has been a journey filled with blessings and miracles.
If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who has a purpose and design for every life—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.
Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.
If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.
S. Brenda Elfgirl - I was told I am an elf in a parallel life, and I live in the Arizona desert exploring what this means. I've had this blog for a while and I write about the things that interest me. My spiritual teacher told me that my journey in life is about balancing "the perfect oneness of a sweetness heart and the effulgent soul". My inner and outer lives are like parallel lines that will one day meet, but only when there is a new way of thinking. Read on as I try to find the balance.
Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment