Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, July 20, 2026

Day 197 Bible Readings for July 18 - Job 42:5-6 (NLT)

Job 40-42, Psalm 42

Job 42:5-6 (NLT)

“I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance.”

In Job 42:5–6, Job tells the Lord that he had only heard about Him, but now he has been transformed through personally encountering Father-God in the whirlwind. Job recognized his own limitations and his lack of understanding of the Lord's wisdom and greatness. He repented before Father-God for his misconceptions about the Lord and His justice.

Reading these verses reminded me how much my relationship with the Lord changed when I became born again and had a personal encounter with Him. I had known about the Lord my whole life through my experiences with different religions, but it wasn't until I personally encountered Him that I experienced true transformation.

Like Job, I repented before the Lord because I thought I knew everything about Him. But unlike Job, I have a new covenant with the Lord through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I also have the guidance of the Holy Spirit, who helps me grow in my covenant relationship with Father-God as I read the Bible each day.

Job's story is finished, and he lived a long life filled with the Lord's blessings. My story is still being written, and like Job, I can see that the Lord has blessed me more now than at the beginning of my life.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One who established a new covenant and gave us the Holy Spirit so we can experience the blessings of walking with Him—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: