Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, August 29, 2004

I haven't been posting lately. I had dental surgery on Monday to have my gumline moved on the right upper part of my mouth, so I've been on some serious painkillers all week. By Thurdsay, I was pretty wiped out and exhausted.

I didn't work out all week because my mouth was throbbing in between pills, and I didn't feel like writing either. I did manage to read three screenplays though in preparation to start working on my screenplay again.

I read "The English Patient", "Frequency", and "Bruce Almighty". A friend fro LA said to read "The English Patient". I never liked the book, and was so so on the movie. Reading the screenplay wasn't much better for me either, although I finally did figure out what the whole story was about.

I still really like "Frequency" only because it's a quasi-science fictiony type movie about going into the past to change the present. Not sure if I wrote about seeing "The Butterfly Effect", but I really, really liked the concept of the movie. I think I "butterfly effected" my own life when I wrote to the red-haired guy that I was having buyer's remorse about turning him down.

I think in my heart of hearts, I would love to be able to write movies and stories on the level of "Frequency" and "The Butterfly Effect" because they're so fantastical, so science fictional but no too out there, and they deal with regret over things done and not done, and that everlasting feeling that most people I think have, that things in life would have turned out differently if only I had done a certain thing.

"Bruce Almighty" was just such a cute movie about God, and wishing you could have the power to make things happen differently and what would happen if you really could and the effect of having all your wishes come true. I've had plenty of fantasies in my life come true. Believe me, sometimes it's not a fun thing and causes way more problems than solves them.

Isn't such a universal human feeling, to wish things had turned out differently in your life than they did, to want to go back and change things, or to have the power to make your every wish come true?

No comments: