Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Day 270 Bible Readings - Luke 6:47-48 (NLT)

Luke 6-7, Psalm 115

Luke 6:47-48 (NLT)

“I will show you what it’s like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it. It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against that house, it stands firm because it is well built.”

In Luke 6:47–48, Jesus preached about what it means to build your life on His teachings. Christ compared a person who comes to Him, listens to His teachings, and follows them to someone building a house. If a person listens to His teachings and then puts them into practice, they will build their life on a firm foundation. When the floods come, their life can stand firm because it has been built on a solid foundation.

One Bible commentary I read noted that builders of houses in Christ's time removed loose soil and dug down until they could build the foundation of the house on solid bedrock because of seasonal flooding. A life built on the teachings of Christ will not easily be shaken because it is rooted in His Word. Believers need to regularly read the Bible and follow Father-God's Word. Hearing the Word of the Lord is not enough to build a strong foundation of faith; believers also need to put His teachings into practice.

For most of my faith journey, going to church once a week, taking church classes when offered, and occasionally participating in church service projects felt like enough. But over time, I still felt a spiritual hunger. It wasn't until I started reading the Bible daily through a yearly plan and then reflecting on what I learned and how it applied to my life that my hunger started to ease. But that still wasn't enough. I began to long for revival and to experience church the way the early believers did in Acts of the Apostles after the resurrection of Christ. Then the Lord led me to a church that taught about the Holy Spirit and what it meant to be in covenant with Father-God, and I felt the fire of the Holy Spirit in my life. Now I want to know what it's like to hunger for the Lord daily and to continually experience the fire of the Holy Spirit in my life.

If these verses resonate with you—if you feel drawn to place your faith in Jesus Christ, the One whose teachings give us a firm foundation on which to build our lives—this may be your moment. Open your heart to Him. Speak to Him in prayer. Tell Him you trust Him and desire to walk with Him. He is faithful, and He will meet you exactly where you are.

Heavenly Father, I give You my life. Please forgive me for all my sins and wash me clean through the blood of Jesus. I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead, and I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I receive Your forgiveness and the gift of salvation. Thank You, Lord—I am saved, I am forgiven, I am clean, and I am made new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

If you prayed this prayer, welcome to the family of Father-God! I encourage you to find and join a Holy Spirit–filled, full-Gospel, Bible-based church where you can grow in your faith and experience the Lord’s love, signs, wonders, and miracles in your life.

No comments: