Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, September 02, 2024

Day 244 Bible Readings – 2 Corinthians 5: 6-7 (ESV)

Micah 5-7, 2 Corinthians 5: 1-10, Psalm 123

2 Corinthians 5: 6-7 (ESV)

“So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight.”

We are reminded by Paul in verse 6 from 2 Corinthians 5 that the Holy Spirit gives us confidence and courage that God is always at work in our life. Paul also reminds that even though we are at home in our early body, we are away from the Lord, and that we must strive to always have faith in God in our daily life. I believe Paul brings this point up because it seems to be easier to have faith in God when we are going through a season on troubles times. We pray for miracles, and we see miracles in our lives from God when he fulfills his promises to us. But how often do we cherish God and our faith in our every day walk with God? Do we have faith even when we are going through the small and mundane tasks of our lives? Are we on autopilot just going through the motions of our life and not thinking about God?

I know for myself that when my life is good, God is not the focus of my life like he is when I am in a season of affliction. I want to change that. I want to have a laser focus on God no matter what I am going through in my life, because I think it will deepen my relationship with God and bring me more peace. If am always focused on God, then maybe, just maybe, when trouble finds me, I won’t get so off kilter. It will be like any ordinary day because I’m always focused on God, and I will have my peace.

No comments: