Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Sunday, September 15, 2024

Day 257 Bible Readings – Psalm 135: 15-18 (ESV)

Isaiah 33-35, Galatians 1: Psalm 135: 13-21

Psalm 135: 15-18 (ESV)

“The idols of the nations are silver and gold, the work of human hands. They have mouths, but do not speak; they have eyes, but do not see; they have ears, but do not hear, nor is there any breath in their mouths. Those who make them become like them, so do all who trust in them.”

Verses 15 through 18 from Psalm 135 makes so much sense to me that if you worship an idol that is not God, you will become like the idol. These verses talk about idols made of silver and gold, which people used to worship when this Psalm was being written. These idols have eyes and ears, but they do not see or hear because they are not alive. But I think “idols” can also apply to more modern idols that are worshipped like money, prestige, or fame. If we worship idols other than God, we will become like these “idols”. We will not see, hear, and become dead inside like our “idols”.

Worshipping money makes our life easier and can answer material prayers, but the idol of money doesn’t care about us. The idol of money is not moved by our prayers and is an indifferent God. For people who belief in God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, we worship a living God. Our God has eyes to see our lives, ears to hear our prayers, and is alive and has powers to answer our prayers and shower us in miracles in our life if we need them. I am glad I worship a God who cares about me and only wants to the best for me in my life.

No comments: