Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Day 266 Bible Readings – Ephesians 2: 8-10 (ESV)

Isaiah 55-56, Isaiah 57: 1-13, Ephesians 2, Psalm 140: 6-13

Ephesians 2: 8-10 (ESV)

“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”

In verses 8 through 19 from Ephesians 2, Paul writes to the Church at Ephesus that we must remember that because of our faith we are saved. We are not saved by anything we do or by our good works. Grace is a gift from God that is given to us because of faith in Jesus Christ. God created us so we can be adopted to him through our faith in Christ, to do good works to fulfill his plan for earth.

When I read these verses, I know that nothing I do will grant me God’s grace. I cannot by the sheer force of my human will get into heaven. I cannot get into heaven by tithing to the church, by doing many good deeds I do, or by following God’s law. It doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t tithe, do good deeds, or follow God’s laws. I am only saved by God’s grace. There is also a sense of relief because I do not need to be perfect to be saved. I don’t have to freak out because I sometimes fail to do the things I know I am supposed to do or have non-Godly thoughts. As long I keep trying and repent when I do not measure up and never lose my faith in Christ, God’s grace will be given to me.

No comments: