Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Friday, September 20, 2024

Day 262 Bible Readings – Psalm 139: 1-4 (ESV)

Isaiah 45-46, Galatians 4: 21-31, Galatians 5: 1-6, Psalm 139: 1-10

Psalm 139: 1-4 (ESV)

“O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.”

I like verses 1 through 4 from Psalm 139 because they tell us how familiar God is with us. He knows everything about us. He knows what we are thinking, what we will do, and what we will say before we say it. Yet even as God knows all of these things, he gives us free will to do whatever we want in in our life. God loves us so unconditionally that we can be free to disobey him, displease him, and go our own way. But like a good father, God will never abandon us. He will always await our return from our selfish ways and wanderings and welcome us back with open arms.

I think of my own journey with God. I was born into a religious home, and my parents did their best to instill a love of God within me. My mother would be glad to know that she was at least successful in giving me a love of God. But like any child, I had to find my own towards God. I was pointed in the right direction by my parents, but I still had to as an adult create my own relationship with God. And it’s been a roundabout journey with God sometimes being very prominent and sometimes being very absent in my life. But I know I can say honestly, God was always there in the background. I never quite left him or as I like to think of it, God never let me go no matter how much I tried to get away from him. And gosh darn it, did I every try! But now Holy Spirit is trying to once again deepen my relationship with God, and I am grateful that God never gave up on me. I am the prodigal child who has returned, and my father-God is celebrating my homecoming.

No comments: