Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, September 03, 2024

Day 245 Bible Readings – 2 Corinthians 5: 17 (ESV)

Isaiah 1 & 2, 2 Corinthians 5: 11-21, Psalm 124

2 Corinthians 5: 17 (ESV)

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”

In verse 17 from 2 Corinthians 5, Paul reminds the Church of Corinth that anyone who believes in Christ has become a new person. The person they were before is gone, and with their faith in Christ they have become a new person. Pastor David Guzik from Enduring Word writes “However, being a new creation doesn’t mean that we are perfect. It means that we are changed and that we are being changed.”

I know for myself that I often forget that as a person of faith in Christ, I am a different person. I was born into the faith, so I have very few memories of not believing in God. Instead, I have memories of trying to forget God ever existed although it didn’t work seem to work for very long. So for me to think of myself as a new person, I need to forget that I was a person who had very little faith in God. I feel that Holy Spirit is training me, challenging me, to live my life as a person who complete faith in God. Faith that God is responsible for all things in my life, good and bad. Faith that everything in my life is from God and that it is all there so I can deepen my relationship with him. This idea is hard to grasp and will probably take the rest of my lifetime to understand. I always go back to the question most people ask, “Why did God allow bad things to happen me?” And I am trying to be okay with the answer that “all things word for my good.” I feel like the theme in my life is to always find the light in the darkness of my life, to always look for the positive side, benefit, in anything that happens to me. This is the new creation that God is working through me and in me.

No comments: