Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, September 23, 2024

Day 265 Bible Readings – Ephesians 1: 3-6 (ESV)

Isaiah 52-54, Ephesians 1, Psalm 140: 1-5

Ephesians 1: 3-6 (ESV)

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.”

I love verses 3 through 6 from Paul’s letter to the Church as Ephesus. I love the idea that a person of faith was predestined by God to be adopted to him as his child through our faith in Jesus Christ. These verses speak to me when I am in a “blue mood” or in a season of troubles, when I sometimes question why I was even born because I am in such misery. These verses help me to remember that God chose me before he created the world. That God had me in mind as a part of his plan and that he had my whole life mapped out, so that one day I would be adopted to him through faith in Jesus Christ. That God is with him in my “blue mood” or my season of troubles, waiting for me to come to him so he can comfort me. That he loves me so unconditionally that no matter what I think about him, he will always be there waiting for me patiently to come home to him.

I hope if you find and read these words, that they help to bring you comfort if you are experiencing “one of those days” when you throw up your hands and wonder why you were born. That these words help you to remember that God predestined you to be part of his plan, and that your life is not worthless but totally worthwhile because God chose you before he created the world to be with him as his beloved child.


No comments: