Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Day 259 Bible Readings – Isaiah 40: 3 (ESV)

Isaiah 38-40, Galatians 2: 11-21, Psalm 136: 13-26

Isaiah 40: 3 (ESV)

“A voice cries: “In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God.”

When I read verse 3 from Isaiah 40 I immediately thought of John the Baptist preaching in the desert. The prophet Isaiah predicted the life of John as he did the birth and life of Christ. John the Baptist has always been one of my favorite characters in the Bible. John had a miraculous birth, and his life was so focused and one-pointed on preparing the way for the arrival of Christ. I also find it interesting the John the Baptist and Jesus both had miraculous births, were cousins, and therefore peers. Christ also came to earth with a mission, so his life was also focused and one-pointed.

I believe if you are a person of faith, God has a mission for all of us. Our lives might not be as focused as Jesus or John the Baptist, but we have a mission from God nonetheless to fulfill his plan on earth for all of humanity.

No comments: