Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Monday, September 30, 2024

Day 272 Bible Readings – Zephaniah 3: 9 (ESV)

Zephaniah 1-3, Philippians 1: 1-26, Psalm 145: 1-7

Zephaniah 3: 9 (ESV)

“For at that time I will change the speech of the peoples to a pure speech, that all of them may call upon the name of the Lord and serve him with one accord.”

When I read verse 9 from Zephaniah 3, I thought of Pentecost when the Holy Spirit came up the followers of Jesus and everyone started speaking in tongues. After the day of Pentecost, the followers of Christ travelled all over the world to spread the message of Jesus Christ so the world could all serve God and be unified. The gift from the Holy Spirit to speak in tongues is considered by many Christians a personal way to talk to God. Speaking in tongues allows a person of faith to say to God what cannot be said in the person’s normal language.

When I received the gift of speaking in tongues, I have no idea what I am saying but I know that God understands me because all the thoughts of my mind go into my speech. I feel closer to God when I speak in tongues, because it is my own personal language to talk to God. I can pour out thoughts and emotions into my speech to God, that I would be embarrassed if anyone heard me in native tongue. I love that I have my own language to speak to God. It makes me feel closer to him because only he can understand what I am saying. But any gift of the Holy Spirit will bring you closer to God, if you embrace it and take fully advantage of the gift.

No comments: