Thank you for viewing / reading my blog posts! I appreciate it!

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Day 261 Bible Readings – Galatians 4: 4-7 (ESV)

Isaiah 43-44, Galatians 3: 26-29, Galatians 4: 1-20, Psalm 138

Galatians 4: 4-7 (ESV)

“But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.”

Verses 4 through 7 from Galatians 4 shows Paul telling the Church of Galatia that God sent forth his son Jesus Christ at the right time in his plan, so the whole world could have the chance of becoming sons of God through adoption. After our adoption God sent Christ and the Holy Spirit into our hearts, so instead of slaves we are now sons and heirs of God.

I love how we can become heirs of God through our belief in Jesus Christ. When we become heirs of Christ, we are no longer slaves of our sinful nature. We have help and can rely not only on God, but also Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. I know in this season of my life that Holy Spirit is teaching me to rely solely on God for my abundance. I cannot rely on myself or others, but to rely only on the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I know I do rely on God, but not 100%. I also know that the times I haven’t relied on God didn’t always turn out so great. So I am grateful for the lessons, even though they are not easy. And I am looking forward to see what God has in store for me after this season is over.

No comments: